Monday, March 12, 2007

Pregnancy Testing at Work

Here are Becky's Stories:

Baby 1 - we had purchased a house and were doing renovations before we moved in. I was aching everywhere and I just didn't feel right, but I assumed it was a all the work we were doing. At work, I realized... what a minute something is wrong here...wait...when was my last... no way....so I rushed to the local drugstore and took the test in the bathroom at work. It took milliseconds to confirm my suspicions.

I knew I would be due in November which was the same month as our wedding anniversary. I told my husband to meet me at the new house. I had a sign that said, Happy Anniversary, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday...what do these things have in common? When he opened the door he saw balloons (anniversary, birthday and thanksgiving) and tied to the end was the pregnancy test.

We told our family and friends by saying that were were already going to have to re-decorate the room. They all fell in the trap by saying, "Well, I think it is just fine, why do you have to re-paint?".... "Because it is totally inappropriate for a nursery!"

Baby 2 - Again, suspected something was not quite right. Took a test (at work again) but saw nothing and shoved the test back into the box and bag and shoved it in my purse. The next day, I get a call from my husband....
"I saw it"
"Saw what?"
"You know..."
"Know what?!?! I really have to go babe...."
"Oh my goodness...(teasing).... you have no idea...."
"WHAT are you talking about?!?!"
"The test... in the bag... there are 2 lines...."
"WHAT?!?!!?!? Are You SURE?!?!?!? When you hold the test, which way are the lines going?!?!?!"
"Babe.... I know how to read a pregnancy test!"
Apparently I did not wait long enough, and the next morning (not thinking) I pulled the bag out of my purse and left it out on a counter. He went to throw it away and found out the good news even before me!!

Visit Becky at her blog, Blah, Blah, Blahging for her recent adventures.

No comments: